Style your windowsill

01/04/2016

It has been increasingly popular to take selfiesshelfies, and now  taking "Sillfies" - you know pictures of your windowsill.(I think I might have made that up myself:)

I have windows all the way from the floor to the ceiling, and even though I adore all of the light that it lets in, I do not have a windowsill, so I cannot display cool and fabulous stuff on mine. Instead, I have been on the lookout for cool inspiration for those of you lucky enough to have one. 

Styling your own windowsill is easy. You just need to go looking for plants that are fond of light, cute ceramic bowls, vases - you only need one simple flower for a stunning effect, or what about some pretty hourglasses. I am also fond small metal boxes, books or even feathers. The choice is yours, and the good thing is - spring is back, and that means flea-markets, and they will be filled with treasures. Find my guide to the best ones in Copenhagen here. Enjoy!
Vindueskarm, windowsill, sillfie, anya jensen photography, hygge
Anya Jensen photography @ Skagerak showroom

Vindueskarm, windowsill, sillfie, hygge, danish living,

Vindueskarm, windowsill, sillfie, hygge, danish living,

Vindueskarm, windowsill, sillfie, hygge, danish living,

Vindueskarm, windowsill, sillfie, hygge, danish living,
House Doctor

Spring has almost definitely sprung here, although it is still very cold in the mornings, and in the shade. But the blessed sun is out, and we are basking in it. Happy Friday everyone.

8 comments:

  1. Oh yes! I only have two windowsills in my tiny apartment and yes, both are packed with plants:-)) My kind of windowsills:-) Happy weekend Anya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could pack mine with plants too - but mine are on the floor, not that I am complaining - but windowsills are cool :-)
      Axx

      Delete
  2. I love this.
    I just have a tad precaution with glass things as once I read about a huge fire in NY and it had been due to some plastic rubber bands inside a glass container that was on the windowsill. Apparently the glass magnified the sun rays that burned the plastic bands and...
    But, oh, I love it so much. In my home and to pass homes that have details on theirs for me to enjoy and wonder their tastes.
    Wishing you a Happy Weekend,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously I can so see that happening too - sun and glass = danger, wow glad you don't hear of many incidents like that one. But I also love this, looks amazing :) Hugs A xx

      Delete
  3. Plants on my kitchen window. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you do - :)
      Have a fab day,
      Ax

      Delete
  4. Love the first one with the rays of light coming through, that's beautiful :) I hope you have a gorgeous week lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kizzy, I took that one in the showroom of Skagerak Copenhagen, I could have moved in ;-)
      Axx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment - I love reading what you have to say

♡ A